Thursday, December 6, 2012

RACK day 6 and Elf on the Fishing Shelf- Plus, some wonderful news!

Because I like hearing wonderful news, I'm going to start out with that, rather than make you read this entire lame post and wait in suspense.

Remember a few days ago, I talked about heading to the library to pay off fees for a few people?

Here: http://mycrazyfamilycircus.blogspot.com/2012/12/rack-day-4-elf-stuck-on-candy-shelf-and.html

But they couldn't help us until they talked to the head librarians and we left our money in hopes that it would be used for what we intended.

And it was.

More than I ever anticipated.

I received an email this morning, regarding how the $20 was used.

Hello Danielle,
Thank you so much for your gift to our library patrons. We decided to apply it to the first person(s) who approached the desk to pay a fee. Here is a report of the outcome from one of my staff:
$16.95 went right away to a mother of a two year old who damaged a book when she was supposed to be napping. She was very touched by the random act of kindness.

Another person added to the remaining $3.05 to make it an even $8.00. A woman came up very soon afterwards and had to pay $7.95 for a damaged book that her daughter who returned the book had accidentally damaged. When I explained that she did not have to pay she got teary eyed and said that she needed something good to happen to her and she was encouraged by the event!

Your generosity is much appreciated. Best wishes for a happy holiday season to you and your family.
 
Wow.
 
I squealed with excitement and got tears in my eyes after reading this email.
 
It's encouraging and I only hope that the rest of our days produce wonderful feelings like this one did.
 
Isn't that amazing news? God is amazing and our prayers that we will be able to help people are being heard. Woo-hoo!
 
Now, on to the Elf.
 
Alfred.
 
He was a little loopy last night due to the amount of cough syrup that was consumed.
 
My bad.
 
Evan got a giggle out of him though, so it worked out well.
 
I decided to avoid the toilet and just keep him on the shelf.
Maybe the toilet isn't the best idea anyway...what if he fell in?
Who's going to explain that one to my 5 year old?
Elf drowns in toilet during tragic fishing accident.
I would not want to be the one to fish him out.
I dug out a fishing rod from our fishing game.
I'm not energetic enough to make a fishing rod out of something else like other Moms.
Don't mind the tape.
Or the dust....
 
 
RACK today was a little off.
 
Only because the thing we were supposed to do couldn't happen because the person couldn't come over here because my house is full of black plague still.
 
I still plan on doing this activity, just on another day...when the twins aren't zombies.
 
Does that make sense?
 
So we decided to do something different.
 
Our church has a tree that is for collecting mittens/hats/scarves for the women's shelter in town.
 
We purchased loads of them and helped fill up the tree.
 
Not so random, but full of kindness. Hope that counts.
 
You can see some of our choices.
We tried to pick a good variety.
Babies, kids/teens and adult women.
 
 
I finished my projects finally.
 
Not all of them I had planned out, but most.
 
And I'm not allowed to keep even 1....thanks Jalon.
 


I really, really, really want to keep them.

 
Don't forget...one more day to sign up to be part of my GIVEAWAY.
 
 



 
 

4 comments:

  1. oh your signs turned out so nicely! I love the script typeface.

    The library bit is awesome, I'm so glad that worked out. What did Evan say when you shared the news?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Evan was so happy. He's actually really understanding what we are trying to do and now he's fully in the giving mood.

      Delete
  2. Danielle, VERY impressive signage. I would want to keep them also. What do I have to do to sign up for the giveaway? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.