Wednesday, December 19, 2012

RACK day 17, 18 and 19 PLUS Elf on the Praying Shelf

Time to play catch-up on RACK. I've missed a few days.

RACK day 17- My husband brought a tray of treats to work. We were going to make some, but he made so many, we didn't really see the point. He had a ton and everyone enjoyed his baking. RACK day done and I really didn't do anything with that one.

RACK day 18- Tape candy canes to ATM machines. This was interesting. We have 4 ATM machines that you can drive up to in our town. We thought about going inside and doing store ones, but we looked suspicious enough as it was. We had lots of candy canes leftover and decided to take them to Barnes and Noble where I had some friends working, to brighten their evening that was full of non-stop customers and chaos. Every little bit helps, right? It was nutzo there. Like, everyone was out Christmas shopping for books at one time. I only found 1 person I knew, so we were only able to spread a tiny bit of cheer this time.

RACK day 19 (today)- I had signed up to do Bell Ringing for the Salvation Army tonight, from 5-7 p.m. Evan came with me and managed to stay the entire time, without a break. He was amazing! What made me even more happy was that he actually understood why we were there and the meaning behind it all. Best time ever.

Evan: "Mommy, this day is all about giving and sharing and spreading Christmas Cheer to everyone."

Me: "That's right. You are doing a great job spreading cheer with that smile on your face."

Evan: "You mean this one?" Smiles big enough for me to see the plaque growing on his teeth.

Me: "Yeah....that one is creeping me out a little."

Evan: "I need to smile super big so I can show all the people that I'm happy about Christmas."

Me: "Good point. Keep it up."

We had so much fun. People were so very polite and Evan had a blast talking everyones ear off. I told him to say "thank you" and "Merry Christmas", but he went above and beyond his normal duties and threw in a, "Have a great weekend!".

Evan: "Sometimes, Merry Christmas just isn't enough. I want people to have a good time too."

I learn something new every day.

My in-laws came by for a quick visit and took a picture for us:

It was around 30 degrees.
Pretty toasty for December.
But we had to be there for 2 hours, hence the snowman look.
My sweet, loving husband, told me I looked like a giant, fluffy man.
Awesome.
And thank you.
That giant man was quite toasty.
Although, Jalon decided to be nice and brought us both some hot chocolate fresh from Starbucks.
Saved the night.
I can still hear bells ringing in my head...wonder if that will stop soon?
 
 
The Elf has had a few failures these past couple days. Alfred just can't seem to get it right.
 
After the house set up, he decided to roast a mini-marshmallow over a candle. Evan didn't get it and the marshmallow looked all gross after sitting out overnight.
 
This morning, we woke up to him praying by our nativity.
 
Yeah...this is much harder to do than I thought.
Lots of tape involved.
And a little more skill that I seem to be lacking.
He fell down lots.
I had to keep adjusting him.
Luckily, Evan wasn't paying too much attention to him today.
 
Only a few more days left!
I can't believe it's almost over and Christmas is almost here.
This month is going by way to fast for my liking.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.