I decided to interview my husband, Jalon, for today's post.
Some of you are new here, but my husband and I have been married for 9 years this April. I talk about him often on this blog, but never really "introduced" him.
And I needed something for the letter J.
I just found random questions all over the Internet that I thought would be interesting to have answered. I've also included my own "notes" in pink, for my entertainment. I can't keep my mouth shut.
1. What is your favorite food?
- Sushi. Ewww....We cannot hang out anymore.
2. Favorite song?
- ICP- Great Milenko. As in, Insane Clown Posse.
I had to Google this for spelling, that's how weird it is. Don't you have anything more current?
3. Favorite movie?
- Dazed and Confused. We haven't watched this in years. I feel as if I don't even know you anymore?!
4. Favorite dinner?
- Chinese food- Peking Chicken. Of course it wouldn't be a dinner I make. I thought he liked my food. Never even seen him eat this meal before. 9 years and you think that you know a person...
5. Favorite breakfast?
- I don't usually eat breakfast, but I guess french toast sticks. Another meal that I don't make. Do you have another wife somewhere?
6. Favorite time of the year?
- Thanksgiving- because of the dunes. He grew up in AZ driving jeeps in the middle of the sand dunes. Tons of fun, but far away at the moment. I tried finding a picture to show you, but my shoebox (that I keep all my important info in) happens to be missing at the moment.
7. What was your favorite cartoon character?
- Snoopy. Not what I would have thought, but it's cool. I was rooting for He-Man....
8. What's the worst thing you've eaten?
If he says something I make, I will be pissed!
- Hummus, wrapped in spinach leaves, soaked in vinegar.
SAFE! It's not one my hot dishes. Whew...
9. What gifts do you like to receive?
- Tools and car parts. Duhhhh. The expensive crap. This is like me asking for diamonds and Coach purses, which I don't. I ask for books. Or chocolate. I'm cheap and easy. That didn't sound right...
10. What do you fear the most?
- I don't fear anything...I honestly have nothing for this one. Let's skip it. This is why we're married. Opposites attract. I would need 3 notebooks to fill in all my fears and naming all the spiders would take up a large chunk of one notebook.
11. What things do I do that irritate you?
- Uh-oh, here we go...this isn't right. I guess your cold feet touching my stomach when we're in bed.
He totally played it safe...
12. What has been the best vacation of your life?
Of course it was! Because I was in Nebraska, alone, 6 months pregnant with our first child. HOPE YOU HAD FUN! You couldn't have picked a trip we've taken together? Noooo...
13. What do you like about your job?
- The variety of people I get to talk to from other countries. I, for once, have nothing snarky to add.
14. What 3 words best describe you?
(HUGE sigh from him) - Outspoken, Innovative and funny. Outspoken, totally. It's like word vomit. Innovative, fine. Funny? Insert huge eye roll from me right here. I'm the funny one in this relationship.
15. What is the best advice you've ever received?
- Be yourself no matter what people think of you.
16. If you could live somewhere different, where would it be?
(Another huge sigh- Seriously, I didn't think these questions were that difficult- suck it up!)
-Germany What?! Dude. I was totally guessing Arizona.
17. If you could do anything tomorrow, what would it be?
- Buy a motorcycle and come home to beg my wife to forgive me. Nope. Get the hammer...I'm going on a smashing rampage.
18. What is your dream car?
- 1949 Mercury You have this car. Not my fault it's just a metal frame in the garage. Ok, it might be my fault a little. I did buy it.
19. If you could spend the day doing whatever you wanted, what would it be?
- Working on my cars. I like how the word "wife" and "kids" were not used in that sentence AT ALL. Nice...
20. What was something mischievous you did as a child?
(PLEASE pick just ONE thing...I don't need a hand cramp)
- Stole a Volkswagen engine out of a Volkswagen bus. Dude. That is not what I meant by "mischievous". I'm thinking maybe the story about you shooting the hole in the TV screen would have been more appropriate. But what do I know? My idea of mischievous was sneaking treats out of the drawer in the kitchen that my Mom had to eventually lock.
21. What do you like about yourself?
- My outgoing personality.
22. The biggest thing that puts a smile on your face is:
- For the most part, my kids...and family. Once again, the word "wife" is not used...big surprise.
Turns out this interview was much more interesting than I had originally anticipated.
Just in case you weren't here, I'm doing a Giveaway and it ends tomorrow!