Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Maybe if I cleaned up once and awhile, this wouldn't happen.

I had to run errands today. We were out of the house from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

When we arrived home, I immediately started making lunch for the kids and started cleaning up a bit.

Then I walked through my living room, usually filled with clutter (diapers, toys, blankies, and clothing) and noticed it was tidy and the TV was off.

I knew that I forgot to turn the TV off before I left the house, but I thought, maybe the kids grabbed the remote. Didn't really think anything of it.

Until I noticed my floor was spotless. Diapers cleaned up and stacked neatly in the corner. Toys put away in the kids rooms. Clothing thrown down the chute.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!

If there's a ghost in my house that likes to clean, he should have known I need more help in the kitchen/laundry area.

But just my living room was tidy.

So, I called my husband and asked if he had been home today.

"No...why, what's wrong?"

"Well, this might sound a little weird, but someone broke in to our house and cleaned our living room. Unless I'm going crazy and I did it already without paying attention...but that's not something I would normally do."

Eat chocolate without paying attention and then wonder where it all went- yes, that is something I would do.

But clean the house and then wander around and wonder who cleaned up?- not bloody likely.

"Seriously, I'm going nuts?"

"Ok, ok, I came home around 10. But I told you yesterday that I would be home today to deal with the living room window...you never listen or remember what I say, do you?"

Apparently not...

You won this round husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.