Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Playing Catch Up

I figured I would take a tiny break from all my Arizona posts and just give a small update on our week.

It's been awhile since I've written a "normal" post and have quite a few on the sidelines, just waiting to be published here.

1.
This is one of my favorite weeks of the year.
It's Halloween week!
I go all out and make "themed" dinners and treats.
We even play games and watch Halloween movies.
Today I'm making chocolate cupcakes with a gory filling (raspberry pastry cream).
 
There are TONS of events this week that we are excited for as well.
Morgan has her ballet Halloween party tonight.
Trunk-or-Treat at our church tomorrow night.
Even has his hip-hop Halloween party on Thursday.
Then it's HALLOWEEN!
Woo-hoo!
This Halloween is going to be a bit chilly (30 degrees) but I'm ready for it.
You don't live in Minnesota without being prepared for the cold.
That's why we buy our costumes a size larger.
You have to be able to shove the snowsuit UNDER the costume.
Suggestion, don't wear something like this:
Just don't. 
 
2.
Yesterday morning, on his way to work, Jalon stepped outside and found a wooden cutting board sitting on our front step.
We both stood there in confusion, wondering where this wooden board came from.
It was a slide-out style, that we have in our kitchen.
We always had an empty spot for one in our kitchen.
It's been missing since we moved here.
4 years ago.
 
That's not creepy or anything...
Would it kill someone to leave a note?
I'm not sure where they found it, or how they knew it belonged here, but thanks?
Please tell me it wasn't used for something horrible...like chopping human parts on.
That's all I can think of.
I can't use it yet.
It's too weird.
 
3.
As far as Halloween goes, please consider participating in the Teal Pumpkin Project:
 
I hadn't realized how hard Halloween could be, until we found out we had Celiac Disease.
I'm not as bad as some, we are allowed many candy choices still.
But I'm going to be offering other options for those with allergies.
 
I will have a basket full of toys/games and even allergen free suckers.
Please help spread the word.
We can make Halloween enjoyable for ALL kids.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. HI! I found you through your link on A Mama's Story. We LOVE Halloween too! We do one Halloween themed activity a day for the 13 days till Halloween, but are slowly working our way to a whole month of Halloween. I absolutely love that you have allergy-free treats!!! Our whole family has sensitivities to food dyes which really only leaves my kiddos with 1/3 of the loot to enjoy.
    I'm glad I found your page :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at the cutting board. I feel like it just wanted a little adventure, maybe took a backpack trip across europe.

    In any case, thanks for the info about the Teal Pumpkin Project! I didn't know there was a good signal for trick or treaters to know which houses were 100% safe, but I got us toys this year to pass out instead of candy after watching the preschoolers at the school I worked at struggle with being able to celebrate like a kid should!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.