Thursday, October 23, 2014

Adventures in Arizona- Day 1 Part 2

I'm just going to jump right in. After that hike back to the car, despite how long it felt it took, it was only noon. There was no way we were ready to call it a day.

But, we quickly realized that the Grand Canyon was only about 40 minutes away from us.

Well, why not?

(We had already been there, many years ago, but one time is never enough...)

The Grand Canyon!
 
I took a selfie to send to my son back in Minnesota.
I don't think he was impressed...
 
 

A giant,
 

hole,

in the ground.
Don't get me wrong.
It was beautiful and very cool.
But still...just a big hole.
A very popular big hole.
Time to go...

Damage from fires.

That hill looked like someone got hungry and just cleaned it off real quick.
Poor naked hill.

Very beautiful Aspens among the pine trees.

Jalon wanted a picture of the pretty trees, but he wouldn't actually stop the vehicle for a photo.
I had to stick my head out the window and hope for the best.
I got 2 photos out of 800,000,001 that turned out OK.
Pretty sure I didn't exaggerate that. 

On our way back down to Flagstaff, we found an old Pioneer Museum.
We really just wanted to see the train, but, turns out, they had more for us!
Like a creepy house/museum, full of weird stuff.
See Above: Buffalo head.
(You may not find that weird. However, I was confused as to why it was there in the first place. Did the Pioneers hunt those and save the heads? Did that one attack one of the pioneers? WHAT'S ITS STORY?!?)

They also had an authentic pioneer house to explore.

Pretty neat.
Pretty darn small.
Still, give me a book and I could do it.
(For a few days...I would seriously miss my Target.)

Inside the train caboose.
Jalon wanted to see the bathroom.
I hope this isn't being used anymore.
Ew.
 
We were exploring this caboose and I had some extra "air" that was trying to escape.
(Not sure if you get where I'm going. Just in case, we call it a toot here.)
Unfortunately, we were not alone.
There was a random man wandering around the train at this time.
(Of course there was...)
I felt as if I could have powered this train, with all that "wind" I was carrying around.

Choo-Choo!
(Just in case you were worried, I felt better by this point. And yes, that means I tooted. Probably in this picture.)

Adorable, aren't we?
Despite my powerful "wind" he still loves me.
 
Shortly after this, we found a hotel, showered and decided to hunt for gluten free food.
We scored BIGTIME!
 
 
Check that out!
I'm going to write the owner and plead with him to open more!
I really, really, really, need one of these next to my house.
 
Here was my food:
See that?
Gluten free and organic.
Seriously.
I was in HEAVEN!

Oooooh...just looking at this is making me hungry!
It was a Cajun pasta. (Warning: Major spice factor)
Gluten free.
Fantastic.
They had 2 things that weren't gluten free on the menu.
 
I almost moved in.
If it weren't for the fact that Arizona is 800 degrees F. year round, I would.
 
Day 2 is tomorrow!
Are you excited?
Well, try to be, ok?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.