I've been neglecting my blog these past few days.
Because I have crap to do, that's why. School technically starts today, but for my child, it doesn't really start until Thursday. Why does it start on a different day? I have no freaking clue, but it's a bit weird and a lot of annoying.
Want to know what else is annoying?
1. Hearing people chew their food. Seriously? The only way you can get away with this, is if you were raised with cattle.
2. Realizing that the package of markers you bought was a pack of 8, not the pack of 10 the teacher requested. Bastards. Guess who will be getting a note from the teacher? This Mom. This Mom also purchased the wrong brand of scissors. I picked a Target brand instead of the Fiskars brand. I'm such a rebel.
3. Children that don't listen to you. Even after you use your loud voice before having your coffee. But you're too lazy to actually get up and tell them to stop...probably because there's been no coffee.
4. Teachers that require your child to bring in 12 pencils sharpened. You realize you don't own a "real" pencil sharpener and try to use the one that came on a box of crayons. Then curse whoever decided this should happen. I KNOW there are pencil sharpeners at school...this house uses mechanical ones. Click, click-done.
5. Children that smell like poop. Both of mine do right now, that's what made this one come to mind.
I could turn this list into 100 annoying things...but I won't.
I lack the attention span. Because I haven't had my coffee yet.
Are you sensing a pattern here?
I hate back to school and I have a minor addiction to caffeine.
I'm excited that Evan will be gone for an entire day now, but I will miss his constant chattering around here. I almost couldn't write that outrageous lie down.
What else have I been doing with my time?
Well- Morgan picked out a naked Barbie doll (that I believe is Brittney Spears from 1999) from a garage sale. I decided to dress it using some scraps of material I had just hanging around.
It was a disaster. Brittney's boobs are too big and the dress keeps popping off. Sounds like I'm talking about the real Brittney, doesn't it? Morgan doesn't like it when the top pops off, so she keeps bringing to me to fix. I got sick of doing that over and over again, so I ripped the dress of and kept her naked. Now my son likes to play with it.
I've been also crafting/creating more wood signs. My husband bought me a wonderful old door that I want to turn into something fantastic. I'm going to have to sell this crap on Craigslist. I'm creating too much crap and there's no room in my home for this.
I will take pictures later, when things actually are finished. It's hard to remember to take photos of the "during" process. I do take "before" and "after" but I forget all that's in-between.
I will try to be more present this week.
Right now I have a 2 year old smack dab in the middle of tantrum city, demanding a diaper change. I won't give in. No diaper changes in this house, unless I say so!
HA! That will show them who's in charge around here!
Sorry...I rule a VERY small world. But it's my only world.