Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Confessions for Wednesday

I have a few things I would like to admit...because I feel like we're friends now.

After you read these, you may or may not want to be my friend anymore.

 
1.
Some days, when I'm really gross and I have to go out in public,
I put on workout clothes and try to act as if I came from the gym.
 
I even walked to the school to pick Evan up so I could work up a really good sweat.
More realistic that way.

 
2.
Halloween is coming up, which means I get to watch some of my favorite movies.
Are they super scary ones?
Not even a little.
I get nightmares too easily.
I like Halloween Town, Casper and Hocus Pocus.
Yes...I know, say what you will.
Don't care.
My husband doesn't need me jumping up and alerting him to every noise I hear while I imagine that we're under attack or a rogue alien came by for a random abduction.
I do this often enough.
Add a scary movie and now we're sleeping with the lights on, TV on and I'm sleeping in the middle of the bed with a stick in my hand.
 
3.
Fruity Pebbles is my favorite cereal.
It's also Evan's favorite cereal.
I constantly tell him we are out of it so it lasts longer.
I'm such a bad Mommy.
Same goes for the ice cream though.
Mine.
All mine.
I share...sometimes.

4.
When I'm cleaning the house, I tend to do it in shifts.
And in between those shifts I reward myself.
I give myself 15 minute breaks to read chapters from my book.
It takes longer for me to get things done, but I deserve a present.

5.
Apparently Evan and I both are sleepwalkers.
I take care of the kids in my sleep or shut doors that are open.
He tries to use the laundry chute as a toilet in his sleep.
I caught him just in time.
I'm shuddering while I wonder how many times I didn't catch him.

6.
I've already watched Polar Express because I like Christmas.
And the movie is so cute I get teary while watching it.
I'm a bit of a mess.
Christmas starts early in this house.
Maybe not decor wise, because I'm lazy, but music and movies start in October.

7.
I'm already putting up Halloween decor.
It's my favorite holiday.
I like to make it last as long as possible.

8.
I'm also anxious for cold weather.
I think that if I make chili and cookies, I'm going to bring the cold weather here quicker.
I don't care that it's 95 degrees outside!
I'm making a pot roast and wearing my fall sweater!

9.
I think my family is getting sick of my Harry Potter obsession.
I will watch it whenever it's on.
Repeatedly.
No matter how many times I've seen it before.
I watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's stone 3 times in a row yesterday.
It was on HBO all day so it's not just my fault.


10.
I like to talk with accents.
I'm really bad at it and get stuck on them easily.
Drives Jay up the wall.
Therefore, I will never stop trying.



11.
I never shave above the knee.
Why bother?

Did I gross you out with that one?
I had to put something interesting in here.
Confessions aren't truly interesting unless it's something you don't really want people to know.
But I'm a little boring.
This is really all I have.

Sorry.
At least your not stuck with me, like my poor husband.
He's trapped.
Sucker.

 


2 comments:

  1. never one is so stealth. I do it all the time, too. I'm always at the grocery store late at night in gym clothes and a headband, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I showered before I went to the grocery store, no one would know who I was.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.