Monday, September 10, 2012

Maybe Monday?

It isn't a question about whether it's actually Monday or not. It's more like "Maybe I'll actually accomplish something" Monday. This weekend was an odd one. I sunk into a small pit of depression for a bit. Managed to swim out just fine, but it was dark in that hole. Lots of self-doubt, guilt and tears in there. I was so tired and cold, I could hardly get up and do anything. So my housework suffered a great deal.

If I had actually done something this weekend, like for example "restocking the toilet paper". Maybe I wouldn't have had that awkward moment doing the half-naked shuffle to the other bathroom in hopes that I could sew the last few stray pieces together to make a whole sheet, while my children looked at me and laughed. Morgan even said "naked". Good job using your words honey.

So I have a bit of work to do today. I'm going to dedicate this WHOLE day to catching up on my house work. I'll let you know how that goes...I'm going to guess not well. I get distracted easily.
 
I finished another project. I think it turned out OK. I'm going to finish the other two and maybe sell them.
 
 
Here's what the first one looks like:




Found the quote on Pinterest. The key was purchased when I went antiquing a few weeks ago. Hot glued that puppy on there and I think it looks alright. The wood is from the garage. We think they were old wall panels. Jay cut some for me and I glued them together. Sanded, stained and painted. This one took me about a week to finish.

This post is going to be a quick one. My cleaning To-do is a long one. I don't know how I'm going to accomplish a lot with the twins walking behind me in destruction mode, but I can't get away with duct taping them to the wall, so we'll just have to make do.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a better post for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.