Monday, July 30, 2012

I know what I'll be doing for the next 2 weeks.

I told everyone that we weren't going to watch the Olympics.

No special reason why we weren't.

I just didn't have the desire to watch it. I liked the gymnastics, but if I didn't catch it, no big deal.

And then I kept seeing all the Facebook updates about the opening ceremonies and decided to give it a shot, just out of curiosity.

I was sucked in.

Then I told myself I was just going to watch 1 tiny little race.

After cheering loudly, arms pumping wildly, and scaring my family, I am sucked in fully.

Our TV seems to be stuck on the channel showing the Olympics. I can't stop. I want to see it all. Every single little race. I can't even say why. It sounds so boring. No offense, but I could care less about the cycling. And water polo? Really? But still, I sat there, enthralled, like it was the greatest show ever. I don't even understand HOW to play water polo. It involved half-naked men wearing shower caps, a ball and some nets. So cool.

What's wrong with me?

My TV's volume is currently at 60 after normally being around 20. I never turn the channel, unless I recorded the Olympics overnight, I will watch those recordings. I cheer loudly, scream at the judges and sigh with disappointment after a swimmer doesn't do what I want him to do. That's me. The Olympic couch judge. Be warned. If you sit near me during this time, you may be subjected to my yelling and tossing of random objects.

I'm  reviewing the schedule online and picking out the shows I want to watch, then I write them down and record that section on my TV just so I don't miss it. Forget other shows. I am sucked in to the Olympics.

If you are also into watching the Olympics all day long, please feel free to join me. Come on over and get sucked in with me. We can cheer them on, boo the judges and watch the sycronized divers.

Which is probably the best thing I've seen so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.