Friday, April 13, 2012

My FIRST Post!

Ok, well...where do I start?

My kids are my life. I spend a LOT of time with them, so any outside conversations I have end up revolving around my kids and what they did that day.

I called my blog My Crazy Family Circus because, as much as I love my kids and think they are wonderful, this house is full of crazy. Most of our meal times consist of screaming (Declan), nonstop talking/questions (Evan) and throwing as much food on the floor before the meal is over (Morgan). If any of the kids actually finish a meal, we consider that a miracle. Even as I'm typing this, I have Declan crying and throwing a fit because he can't get a shoe to stay on his foot and Morgan is trying her hardest to fit into a diaper box.

We don't get a lot of time away from our kids because it costs a fortune for a babysitter for 3 kids and there aren't too many people that want to watch a bowl full of crazy for long periods of time.

Speaking of crazy, I do believe my kids have secret meetings while I sleep and discuss how they will work together to make mommy go nuts by the end of each day. They plot and make power point presentations on my destruction. There must be graphs on what works best on tearing my patience apart. Since I have been getting better at tolerating tantrums, they have been trying other methods such as, throwing food in my shoes (so I can put them on when I'm in a hurry to go to work, not realizing that I am smushing an old, mushy Froot Loop), fighting with each other (this instantly grabs my attention as they are good at causing instant harm and drawing blood), and even wiping boogers on the wall (this is done by Evan and Declan only. Morgan hasn't figured out she can pick her nose yet, thank god!).

They start out all cuddly and sweet first thing in the morning (this is to throw me off) but then it changes to something more menacing and by 9-10 the screaming/trantrums/fighting has started. I get a bit of relief during naptime, but it starts all over again when they wake up and continues until bedtime.

My job here is to keep the house clean, keep the kids away from harm and somehow maintain my sanity.

If I've accomplished 2 out of the 3, it's been a fantastic day. Who needs to be sane anyway?


2 comments:

  1. Great blog, I look forward to reading more, knowt too that my life is just as crazy and I do this while working a full time job sometimes I truely wonder how I have any sanity at all and how I make it through my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi fantastic first post, you have just described me and my family which is pretty crazy! I look forward to reading more of your posts, with love from The Girl Next Door http://www.nikkijayne985.blogspot.co.uk. P.S found your blog via The Blogaholic Network :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.