Friday, January 25, 2013

My husband probably deserves a medal...or at least a hug.

I know I've done posts about him before.

But we're married and tend to see quite a bit of each other, which makes him a rather large part of my life.

Not only does he do the "usual" husband-type things, such as:

   1. He knows the words, "You know what sounds good right now?" will result in him running somewhere to retrieve something edible, usually for me.
  
   2. He also knows the words, "Who's making dinner tonight?" will also result in him running somewhere to retrieve something edible for the family.

   3. And he understands the words, "We need to talk" or "I need some help", usually don't have the best consequences and to proceed with caution.

I've been having a rough month. Blogging is becoming harder, because I'm not sure if I should be spending so much time writing on here, or more writing what I REALLY want to be writing.

I also have so much crafting to do because I'm going to open an Etsy store for a few months in an attempt to get rid of as many crafts as I can.

What do I plan on selling?

Signs I made, Monster stuffies, bracelets (similar to the one I posted a few days ago) and some other small items I have made and just end up hanging out around my house.

Once the "shop" is up and stuff is completed, I will post lots of info here and on Facebook. I really need this stuff to disappear. For my sanity and my husbands.

I have too much stuff and I need to finally do something about it.

I'm going to take a month to finish all my crafting and then I'm going to spend more time writing what I REALLY want to be writing.

And my husband, who may not understand or see why this stuff is so important to me, has been very supportive. He doesn't understand why I get stressed out over the lack of time in a day. Or why I can't figure out a part of my writing when it doesn't make sense but makes me crazy. He doesn't understand how I can get so SUCKED in to a story that it takes over my mind and I can't see anything else until I figure it out. Or when I get stuck on a pattern I'm making and have to create it over and over again until it's just right.

He may not understand, but he still sticks by me and offers his support.

He doesn't call me stupid. He doesn't put me down for wasting my time on something that may or may not go anywhere.

He just gives me a hug and tries to say something that resembles support.

My poor husband is not the best when it comes to saying something supportive, but he tries and that's all that really matters.

He's my hero and I'm not sure where I would be without him.

Now, I need to get off the Internet and focus on finishing my projects. My goal for Etsy is March 1st and I have a LOT to finish before then. And of course, now that I've set this giant goal for myself, along with a to-do list that takes up the living room, I'm coming down with some sort of cold. Way to go me.

Wish me luck because I'm going to need all the help I can get.

1 comment:

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.