Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving Dinner

I went to the grocery store today to gather the food needed to procure an amazing Thanksgiving dinner next week. (I'm a great gatherer. Spend a fortune! Sorry Jay...)

I am the proud owner of a GIANT fresh turkey, cranberries, stuffing veggies, pie beginnings, sweet potatoes, russet potatoes and LOTS of ingredients to go along with it all.

There will be 3 days of preparation that will go into this meal. I have a schedule written down that I will post on a cabinet door, starting Monday. Monday I make cranberries. Tuesday, I start the gluten free dinner rolls (they take a LONG time to prepare...) and Wednesday, I get to brine my turkey, start prepping the bread for the stuffing and make my pies!

All of it will be gluten-free and made from scratch.

Most people will look at this list and wonder if I'm crazy.

I know you are right now. I can already see you shaking your head and wondering why I needed pecans because I'm already nuts. (Ha! I find myself hilarious...)

"Why are you doing so much?"

"That's a LOT of work."

"Don't stress yourself out over one dinner."

Let me clear this up for you.

I LOVE being in my kitchen.

I ADORE planning out meals and cooking them from scratch.

I find it RELAXING to make meals for people.

My house revolves round my kitchen. I spend a LOT of time in there every single day, planning out meals and making them. I'm so darn excited for next week to get here so I can get started! I can't wait!

It's soothing to me. It's therapy for me. I love cooking.

Simple as that.

So, if you don't want to cook and need a place to come, I will have plenty.

And it will be gluten free and delicious. I guarantee it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.