Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I am SO STUPID

I can already hear my husband, "Duh. Kind of knew that already."

Well, I think I've reached a new level of stupid. Crown me the Queen of Stupidville.

I went Christmas shopping today. I was going to wait until Black Friday, but my main reason for going out would have been the kids. I checked the ad for Black Friday and nothing I needed was in there. However, Target had coupons and freebies right now for items I wanted. Score!

Unfortunately, this is what I came home with:

 
Frozen.
Is taking over my house.
I can't breathe.
(I have, however, pushed every button and sang along already...)
 
No. This isn't all for my daughter either. My sons love Frozen too. They adore Olaf. And singing along to the music. At Target today, you buy $50 of Frozen toys and get a free sing-along DVD. Sweet. I was going to buy that anyway. I will take what I can get for free.
 
But, the big mistake I made was that almost every toy talks or sings.
 
While shopping, my cart sang "Let it Go" the entire time. I could see the smiles and pitying looks of other Moms around me.
 
This is when it hit me. I'm never going to escape that song. At least, not until the batteries wear out and that DVD mysteriously disappears.
 
Knowing my luck, these batteries will be the "real deal" and will never die. Unlike the other ones that you get one day's use out of and then their dead. These batteries will outlive us all.
 
Why did I do this? I really love my children, but to this level?
 
I did get some good deals on this stuff, so I guess that helps me cope a little. And getting to see their faces will be an added bonus.
 
But could someone please get me a BIG HEADSET for Christmas this year? Maybe toss in a small bottle of wine too? That would be appreciated!
 
You know what else is nice?

I'm done.
 
Now I just have to figure out what to get my husband for Christmas. The hardest man to shop for. Ever.
 
Here are some items I'm considering, let me know what you think:
 
I can't even explain what this is.
But I really want to see him wear it.

Not the actual electric toothbrush, but the heads for one.
I like to keep him confused.
 

I picked this because it looked manly.
And it made me hungry.

I like this one for myself.
It's a win-win type of gift.

Flannel is so sexy.
One piece pj's?
Even better. 

Oooooh.
Just.
Wow.

This suits his personality.

And this, just for his reaction alone.
 
 
What do you think?
Did I do good or what?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.