Friday, November 7, 2014

Surprise- Diseased Date Night!

I've been fighting this cold all week.

Along with that, keeping up with the kids, housework and other projects, I'm just about beat.

My husband arrived home last night and handed me a card. It was adorable. A little boy on the front holding a bunch of red roses.

Inside it stated something like this: (I would post the actual card but his hand writing is HORRIBLE. It would take years for a normal human to decipher his code and by that time, I will be 60. I've adjusted to reading his ancient hieroglyphics and will spell it out for you. Your welcome.)

(Also, I may/may not have added words to make it sound more romantic...I do this in my head all the time.)

"My Dear, Beautiful Wife, Danielle,
  
    I know that flowers are a bit cliché so I consider the flowers on the front of this card your gift. (Bless his heart.) So onto the main reason of this card. I was trying to find a way to ask you on a date and everything I came up with sounded cheesy. (That's his way of saying it sounded SUPER romantic but too embarrassing for him to do...)
  
   So...would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow night at 5:00? I hope you say yes because I already made reservations last week and got a sitter.

Jalon."

So basically, I have no choice.

Just kidding! Once you say there's a babysitter, I really could care less WHAT the date actually involves...

Although, after a week of not going outside (except to drop/pick up kids from school), I'm feeling a bit grungy. Today is the day I wear pants. Go me.

This is fairly accurate.

So today, instead of cleaning my house, crafting or playing a game on the internet, I'm going to be working on myself.

After spending the last two nights on the couch (due to coughing all night) I have to take this:

So very close!
Except add some children that feel the need to "cuddle". 

This is an actual close-up of my face right now.
Scared?
Me too.
Bet my husband is rethinking this date night.
 
And turn it into this:
 
If your going to try, why not reach for something unattainable?

Aww...look at their love.
LOOK AT IT.
I'm gagging a little, but you get the point.
 
And in order to get to that point, I have to do a LOT of this: (Pretty sure it would take a lot more than this to get me to look like the picture above, but you better be sure I'm going to try!)
 
On my second cup now!

Give me ALL the cold pills!
One will probably work, right?

A LOT of time in my case.
That's why I've started already and it's only 10 a.m.
I'm a realist.
 
I'm excited! I'm trying to be more excited than sick. Hopefully I can just convince the germs to "sleep" for a few hours so I can enjoy this evening. Feel free to come back tomorrow, but at least give me a night. It's so rare that my husband goes out of his way like this and I really want to take advantage and enjoy it!
 
Wish me luck!










No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.