I decided to try one of the many burlap/grapevine wreathes I found on Pinterest.
If you want to see where I found inspiration just type grapevine wreath with burlap into the search bar on Pinterest. About a million examples will pop up. I was going to post some pictures, but I found inspiration from so many of those examples and ended up adding my own twist to it.
I found a wreath, missing a few pieces, at a garage sale for .10 cents last year.
Ok, it was missing more than just a "few" pieces, but it was only on one small section. Since I planned on doing something with it, I decided to get it anyway.
The burlap ribbon was a bit more. I just purchased 1 roll. I have no idea how much it actually cost me...maybe around $5? I'm a bit cheap, so it couldn't have been much more.
I didn't want to attempt a bow (because I know my own level of talent and it doesn't involve constructing bows), or anything too tricky, so I made it up as I went along. I found some safety wire in the garage (a special thank you to Jalon for not locking the garage) and some pliers and just got to work. I really liked the flowers people were making with burlap and decided to give it a shot with no skill level or reading about it at all. Great plan...
Sorry I didn't get the "before" picture.
You can see I covered the bare spot with the flowers.
A close up of my sad flowers.
They are a bit rough looking up close, but from far away, it looks pretty darn good.
I basically just scrunched up the ribbon into a flower shape and used the wire to keep it together.
Then I used the wire to wrap the flowers onto the wreath in the back.
I added buttons to bring out the colors I'm using on the back porch area.
It's hung up and displayed now.
Once again, a close up of the disaster.
I just tossed those buttons on with some glue and hoped for the best.
Which is what I do with all my craft projects.
I will take a big picture of the porch area when it's completed.
Not sure when that will be though.
Knowing me, I'll have it done in 3 more years....