Day 14: Ten things that make you really happy.
I'm an easy to please kind of girl. Doesn't take too much to make me happy. Unless, you were the one that made me mad, then it might be a little more challenging for you. Ask my husband for advice on that one. He makes me angry all the time and yet, he's still alive and living with me.
1. Books. I love my books. They are full of adventure, love, drama, humor and fun. Plus, they smell good. Books are always the perfect date. Unless the book is written by Nicholas Sparks. Books that can make me cry, are not books that will make me happy. Keep your sad drama away from me. I don't mind a few tears here and there as long as it concludes with "and they lived happily ever after." Our world needs more of these.
2. My kids and my husband. They also have the magical ability to make me unhappy as well. Just like flipping a switch.
3. Dessert. Like I said...doesn't take much. Bring me some ice cream and watch the smile form like magic. Add a book or a good movie to that and I might giggle with glee.
4. Thunderstorms. Especially if it's severe storms...if I had a tail, tornadoes would make it wag.
5. Seeing my garden/plants grow. It's a lot of effort but seeing all that hard work pay off in the form of veggies, fruit and beautiful flowers, just makes me giddy every year.
6. The Big Bang Theory. My husband and I are on Season 4 right now. I love shows that make me laugh and this one is a win every single time.
7. Comments on my blog. Seriously, who wouldn't love that? Just the fact that someone took time out of their day to leave you a little comment is so darn thoughtful and can make your day. Or ruin it, depending on what they wrote.
8. Going junk/antique shopping. I know this sounds stupid, but I love hunting through a store and the joy that I get when I find the exact item I didn't know I even needed. It's even more enjoyable, when I get to go shopping without children and an unlimited budget. A girl can dream, right?
9. Writing. It's therapy. Keeps me from going completely insane. Which probably makes my family happy.
10. Sundays. I know, most people don't really like Sunday because it's the last day to relax before the work week. But, because of our Church and our wonderful Church family, Sunday has become one of my most favorite days I look forward to.
It was hard to come up with 10. Apparently, I'm like a talking grumpy cat. I thought for sure it would be easy-peasy. Although, my husband has it easy if he ever does make me mad. All he has to do is refer to this list, provide any one of these and *poof* you have one happy Danielle.