Tuesday, March 19, 2013

This is it, I'm being open with you while still being "me"

Jay and I spent some time talking about our son Declan and how he may or may not have ADD. We aren't trying to self-diagnose and I know that he's very young, we were just told to prepare for the possibility that he may have it.
 
Jay took it upon himself to start doing research on symptoms of ADD and ADHD. Then he found a category for signs and symptoms in adults.
 
He read each one of them off out loud and I ended up answering yes to almost every single one of them.
 
Oops. It started off kind of funny, almost like a joke, but then turned into "This makes sense now, maybe I should see someone."
 
I had no idea that my daydreaming and losing my train of thought as often as I do, was a sign of this. I just thought it was "Mom of 3 kids" syndrome.

I'm seeing a therapist for my issues now...and I use the word "issues" lightly here because I'm not 100% sure what exactly is "wrong" with me. My doctor tells me I have lots of anxiety, but there's a bit more too it and we've only had 1 appointment so far. I don't really want to take medications for any of this, so for right now, we are just talking about things.

I want to be honest and open about who I am, because that's why I created this blog in the first place. I wanted to look more into the ADD and ADHD thing more so I decided to entertain myself with the Internet for awhile.
 
There are SO many fun quizzes out there that I can take regarding ADD and ADHD. We haven't talked about these issues yet, since my doctor wants me to work on my anxiety and OCD first. But, the Internet is there and I'm bored.
 
Here are my results from 3 different quizzes: 
 
1.

Could You Have ADHD?

You got 17 of 20 possible.
Your score is highly suggestive of ADHD. You should consult a psychiatrist for evaluation. This is a diagnosis that can drastically change your life for the better.
 
(From doctoroz.com)

 
2.

Results of your
Attention Deficit Disorder Quiz

You scored a total of 42
A score of 36 and up means you are an adult living with ADHD.
 

Adult ADD/ADHD Screening Quiz Answers

Total score of: 103
(70 or Above, High Probability of ADHD)

Your answers to this adult ADHD screening test total 70 or over, which is associated with a high probability of ADHD.
(I can't remember where I found this one.)
 
 
 
Don't get me wrong, I am taking this stuff seriously by seeing someone and I'm not making fun of anyone that happens to be dealing with the same. But I tend to make things more humorous because it makes me feel more comfortable sharing with others. Please don't take offense by what I've written, this is just about me and my viewpoints on what's going on inside my head.
 
I just found the quizzes randomly on the Internet, although I know some take these seriously, I don't believe in being diagnosed from the Internet. I just found my results interesting when all 3 quizzes told me exactly the same thing.
 
This isn't easy for me, talking about what's going on inside my head and why I'm seeing a therapist, but I don't want to lie and try to cover it all up.
 
I do tend to make it more humorous, because if I'm still laughing then nothing could be that bad.
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.