Monday, March 11, 2013

Getting back into it.

I've decided that I need to kick this blog up a notch.

I haven't been writing as much, mostly writers block and deciding whether I should keep going with this blog or not.

But, I still like writing, so I'm just going to attempt to refocus and get my butt back on here full time.

So I entered the April Challenge from here: http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

I feel so distracted lately.

Maybe this will help with that. Not sure, but it's worth a shot, right?

Also, since April is my anniversary month, not only to my husband (9 years on the 17th!) but my 1 year being on my blog!

I MUST have a giveaway!

Not sure what it will be yet, but I will make it awesome.

This really isn't a "real" blog post I just want to make a quick update on what's going down here.

It's Spring break in my house right now and my kids are going haywire. Spring fever has spread through our home like a cold and all the kids want to go out to play, but it's still full on winter outside. Cabin fever is starting to set in so I've been spending my days trying to keep the kids from climbing the ceiling and licking the windows. My creative ideas are running slim and the kids are not buying my "fun" ideas anymore. "Let's clean the house/dance party" is not met with the same enthusiastic response anymore.

Evan: "Mommy, what are we going to do now?" (This was asked after leaving Target)
Me: "Probably go home, watch TV and I'll start making dinner and wash the dishes."
Evan: "You are not a fun Mommy."
Me: "Thanks a lot." I should have said, "I'll watch TV while YOU make dinner and wash dishes." Bet I would have raised my fun level a TON.

We are all clinging on to the last threads of sanity that we have left, hoping that spring is just around the bend. This has been making my ability to focus on anything for a long period of time non-existent.

I enjoy winter but I think it's time for it to release it's grip and move on. We are ready for some warm sunshine and thunderstorms!

I know...not everyone likes tornadoes as much as I do.

Weirdos.







1 comment:

  1. I found your blog via the A to Z challenge sign up list. I got to say that I have had the same issues with my blog. There are times when I got weeks or even months without posting anything simply because I don't have the desire or words to write. I really enjoy writing, so I hope that this challenge will kick my butt in gear. Somehow I ended up signing up two different blogs! Anyhow- look forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.