Thursday, February 26, 2015

Spring Cleaning?

I had an entire to-do list drafted up last night, ready for today.

I had HUGE plans for this house today.

The bathrooms were going to get cleaned, the kitchen was supposed to be spotless and every single piece of laundry was going to get washed and put away.

You're probably wondering where this is going.

I didn't do any of that. Well, I started the laundry....just started.

This time, Netflix isn't to blame.

My kids rooms are.

Normally, I do NOT clean their rooms. They are responsible for their own crap/mess. However, about once a month, I get super annoyed with their level of "clean" and end up doing it all myself. And I really DO IT ALL. This time I even went under the beds, into closets and pulled out old toys to get rid of.

It only took me 4 hours.

4 HOURS of my life, gone.

I'm thinking out of those 4, 2 of those hours were dedicated to Lego's.

I've never hated Lego's more than I do right now. They are so damn tiny. You know how people say that "Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies"? Lego's are my herpes.

They were everywhere, in everything and, even after 4 hours of cleaning, I'M STILL FINDING THEM! WHY AM I STILL FINDING LEGO'S!!!!! WHO INVENTED CLEAR LEGO'S? WHY DO THEY EXIST! INVISIBLE BASTARDS ARE HIDING IN MY CARPET LIKE MILITARY SNIPERS IN THE DESERT! I USED TO LOVE PLAYING LEGO'S AND NOW THEY JUST PISS ME OFF!

There's a huge part of me that just about gave in and grabbed the vacuum cleaner to finish the job.

But Lego's cost a fortune. I can't justify it. We've taken the Lego's away before due to the mess they create with them. Unfortunately, it's the one toy that the kids play so quietly for so long...it's almost worth having them out. I need a special Lego room.

Once you walk inside, it locks you inside until someone releases you. And you have to walk through a chamber that will suck up the stray Lego's that may try to escape on your person. 

OK, now that my rant is over, let me show you some interesting things I found during my 4 hour adventure into the kids rooms today. Like I said before, I don't often clean their rooms. I'm working on trusting them to do it on their own now. Evan is 8. The twins are 4. Figure this crap out already.

 
I only took pictures of the boys room.
Morgan just had a ton of naked Barbie's and dress up clothes everywhere.
Most of my time was spent creating a new area for her dress up clothes.
And picking up Barbie shoes.
 
And this picture is actually showing you how I've started to organize it all.
You should have seen it before I made it in there.
 

 
This is the other side of their room.
 
Can you tell me what Spiderman is doing here?
Doesn't look good, does it?
Filthy Spiderman.
Or filthy Mom?


 
When I first saw this, I had no idea what it was.
Until after I touched it.

 
No more cuties for my kids.
Stupid tiny oranges.
Stupid sneaky children.
 
Ew.
Just, ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.