Monday, December 1, 2014

Thankful it's Over.

Thanksgiving has passed and now we get slammed with Christmas in full force.

Which I happen to love.

Slam away world, slam away.

Here's my "weekend" in pictures:

1.
On Thanksgiving, I spent the day cooking away in the kitchen.
I'm pretty confident in my cooking abilities.
However, I know well enough that not all my ideas go according to plan.
There's always a surprise waiting for me.
 
This year, it was the sweet potatoes.
I don't like them.
Potatoes shouldn't be sweet.
Cake is sweet.
It's weird. Or maybe I am?
Nope. It's the potatoes.
So this was my first year actually buying a sweet potato.
I cooked those babies up in the oven to perfection.
Then I cut them open...
 
What. The. Heck.
I thought they were orange!
That's not orange!
WHAT DID I DO?!?
After some anxious research on Google, I discovered a new fact.
Turns out there are yellow sweet potatoes.
Interesting.
Still disgusting, by the way.

My table "before" the meal.

My table (and cranky-looking spouse) during the meal.
(He may look cranky, but that's just his resting-crabby face. I'm used to it.)
 
After shoving abnormal amounts of food into my belly, we played a few games.
Then we, regretfully, ate too much pie and spent the rest of the night groaning with a stomach ache.
(Maybe it was just me...)
 

Of course, the Elf on the Shelf came!
And brought with him his new Elf Pet!
Dumbest idea ever, Alfred!
The reindeer absorbs your magic while you cuddle it so it can help Santa propel his sleigh on Christmas Eve.
That's not creepy at all.
My kids now fight, on a daily basis, over who's magic gets absorbed.
Her name is Mistletoe.
Sounds so innocent for something so evil.
 
Friday was spent groaning over full bellies and trying to not eat anything Thanksgiving related.
(I was still full...bleh.)
 
Saturday, I had to decorate the church because Advent officially started on Sunday!



Took us about 3-4 hours total to get everything out of storage, ironed and put up.
Looks so cheerful now!
 
After all that, we ate dinner at Applebee's and realized that Declans cough was getting much worse.
We decided to take him to Urgent Care where we found out he has Pneumonia.
Great.
Then Morgan woke up at midnight barking like a seal.
Even better.
This is how our Sunday was spent.

 
On a good note, I managed to get the tree decorated:

Now, just to get the kids healthy so they can go back to school tomorrow.
I think I'm about to go insane from all this adorable family time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.