Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I'm such a slacker!

Sorry it's been so long!

I've never been away from my blog this long before!

I have TONS of updates for you but I'll save some for later.

We are getting our roof redone today and it's utter chaos here, as you can imagine. BUT, it's providing entertainment for the kids, so I call that a win.

 
This is happening outside my window right now.
The way my kids were acting, you would think this was hired entertainment.
They should do birthday parties...

 
Evan finished T-Ball for the season...thank goodness.
It went well, but he's not a huge sports fan, so this might be his last year.
 

 
I know these pictures don't actually look like much, but you need to look closer at them.
The beams in the picture are from my patio ceiling that I was painting one night.
It was pretty late and I was SO CLOSE to being done.
Then something black starting moving near my hand.
I screamed and bolted down that ladder as fast as I could.
 
Jalon: "Seriously? Are you going to scream over EVERY spider? Quit being so dramatic!"
Me: "That's not just ANY spider! That's one huge tarantula that belongs in the Amazon somewhere."
Jalon: "Let me see."
Me: "Go for it."
Seconds later....
Jalon: "OK! I need my flashlight for this one", as he bolts down the ladder.
Me: "HA! Told you!"
 
Jalon, after coming back armed with a flashlight and gloves, "I'm pretty sure it's not a giant spider, but a bat."
Me: "Oh. Well then...that's adorable! We should set it free!"
Jalon: "Are you nuts?! I'm not opening a hole for it to fly out and bite me."
Me: "We are not letting that bat die inside our patio! What if it's a baby?! What if it's hungry!?"
Jalon: *insert long, slightly suffering sigh here* "Fine. But you're driving me to the hospital for a rabies shot if this goes bad."
Me: "Whatever."
 
He rips open a portion of my enclosed porch and, after a few minutes, a bat comes flying out.
I screamed. It was much larger than I anticipated.
I have this all on video.
But he has the video and he's keeping it hostage.
 
Sorry.
I'm saying sorry a lot today.
Hopefully it won't be another month before I get back to this.
It's been awhile because I'm focusing more on what's going on here and writing a book.
Wish me luck!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.