Friday, January 2, 2015

Holiday Hangover

I have a serious Holiday Hangover.

I don't mean the "I finished an entire bottle of tequila and can't remember the evening, but know that involved running around naked and woke up with a bed full of regret" type of hangover.

This is more like a "There are no more presents to open/buy, my belly has an extra roll around it from all the chocolate I consumed while playing countless games and watching tear-jerker romance Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel for hours on end" type of hangover.

I feel lost.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with myself right now. I end up just walking around in a fog for large amounts of time not being able to focus my attention on one specific area.

I have all my Christmas décor removed. The house is "fairly" clean. The laundry is done. I have nothing to watch on TV right now. What the heck am I supposed to be doing right now?

Blah. I just feel blah.

So, I'm going to focus on writing again. About darn time.

Hopefully I will be able to put more effort into it after the kids return to school on Monday.

I took a million pictures, but there are only a few worth showing. Most of them are for my own memories and you would find them extremely boring.

I found a few that pretty much summed up our Christmas, so I will do a little show and tell for you.

X-mas Eve.
My sister is showing you what happens after consuming too much at dinner.
I've had too many Christmas dinners lately.
That's exactly how I feel right now.

I liked this picture, just because of Declan and his little peek-a-boo toes.
He did receive new socks for Christmas.
Just in case you were worried.

Love their excitement.
See how excited he is for this gift?

She's thrilled to look exactly like Elsa!
Every little girls dream!
Except that it didn't fit her giant head...
Oops.

"Thank you Auntie Jess! I needed a giant bag of jelly beans just for me!
Seriously.
We need to chat.

Spoiled little girl.
But so happy to receive the gift she asked for.
 
These next group of pictures is from Christmas morning.
(And yes, I have the Yule Log on the TV, right above our working fireplace. But my fireplace doesn't play Christmas music softly in the background for me to enjoy.)

Do you want to know how many of these dolls are no longer dressed?
I don't know why, but our Barbies are naked now.
All of them.

So happy to have ANOTHER DAMN BARBIE.
Although, this one was purchased because it came with a Unicorn.
Santa didn't have enough magic to turn her into an actual Unicorn, which was on her list, so we had to work with what we had.

See that face?
Can I at least get a smile?
Inside that box is a Wii-U.
The one gift he's been asking us for the last 2 years!
This was a BIG GIFT.
I anticipated much more excitement...
should have filled it with rocks.
 
 
I love the holidays. I really do. But I also really love routine. After having a month of chaos and mayhem, I'm really feeling relieved that things are going to be getting back to normal. As normal as they can get around here.
 
I guess that means I actually have to get dressed...
 
There's always a downside.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.