Monday, March 25, 2013

Dude, Where's My Life? Oh yea...buried underneath that pile of laundry.

Do you ever have one of those days when you are seriously lacking motivation to get done what you need to get done?

I've had so much caffeine today, I could fuel my car for a week and yet, my house is still a disaster. I keep thinking that if I just add more caffeine, I will actually get off my butt and get to work. AND YET, after 2 packets of Crystal Light Energy and 1 full cup of coffee, here I am. Staring at my computer screen....wondering when the caffeine will just take over and put me in a cleaning coma* so I can stop feeling guilty about spending all my time online, giggling over cat videos.

I'm thinking that it's not the level of caffeine holding me back from accomplishing my tasks today...but rather the fact that I repeat this on a daily basis.

It's just that no matter how many times I clean it, wipe it, organize it and vacuum it, the next day I will have to repeat that entire process. (Talking about the house here...just in case you were lost. I read through it again and felt I should probably clarify.)

It's EXHAUSTING.

And annoying.

I know...it may not be like this forever and one day my kids will be older and not so messy, blah, blah, blah. I'm not holding my breath. If they take after me, at all, then we will be on an episode of Hoarders one day in the future...watch for it. "1 anxiety/OCD ridden mother and 3 kids, buried beneath the junk, bonus points if you can find where she put her sanity, since it's been missing since 2007".

I spend 2 hours a day, cleaning this pigsty. 2 hours. A. Day. 2 hours that I COULD be watching Doctor Who episodes or doing something useful, like staring at www.imgur.com (check it out and waste some time! You're welcome). Pretty sure that's what my husband thinks I do anyway.

2 hours a day I clean this house.

For no reason.

Other than to torture myself I guess. (Or to keep my husband from going full out crazy pants on me.)

My husband comes home from work, takes one look at the house and asks, "Did you accomplish anything today?" (Seriously-this from the man who decides to wash GARAGE towels in my washer and now it's coated with what I can only assume is some sort of thick grease that is normally used to lubricate Big Ben gears with the amount that is now covering the agitator, but is not water soluble, because it's NOT coming off my washer no matter how many times I run it. I'm feeling a little stabby right now, Jalon.)

Why, yes, I did. I spent 2 hours, picking up this pit, scrubbing the toilets, wiping down the dust, and scrubbing the kitchen. Then I spent the next 2 hours after that watching the kids, bring out every toy they own, spill juice on my carpet and use baby wipes to clean my windows. The dishes that are now sitting in the sink are the ones I found AFTER I ran the dishwasher and the ones used to prepare dinner because I can't clean while I cook. (I blame my ADD).

And the LAUNDRY. I know this isn't the first time I've said how much I despise. No hate. No, still not right...I loath laundry. Sounds better, right? Much more hateful sounding.

This is my laundry pile as of this morning:

CAM00015.jpg

Dude, Where's my laundry basket?

Who the heck is wearing all these clothes?

It's not me. I wear the same pajamas all week (don't judge me).

I think my family needs to take a few lessons from me:

#1. If no one is actually going to see your pants, why wear them?

#2. If they pass the sniff test and have no VISIBLE stains, you can keep wearing them...for awhile.

I'm guessing a few of you are cringing in disgust. Don't pretend you don't do the same thing. It's not as if I said that about underwear....geez.




*I swear, once I get started I usually can't stop. Although, in order to achieve this level, one must consume 3 times the normal amounts of caffeine allowed per day and actually "get started" on cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments...except bad ones. You can keep the bad ones. Or maybe disguise them as nice ones. I know people that are really good at that.